Like all the Guides at About.com, I'm a real person. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that I am not a medical doctor, so I am unable to provide specific answers to medical questions. I respectfully request the following:
- I am commonly emailed about my opinion about what birth control pill brand may be best for you. I am not qualified to offer this advice. Deciding on the right pill brand is a decision that must be made between you and your doctor. I suggest you do your research first, then schedule an appointment to discuss your options with your doctor.
- Although I try to stay connected to as many resources in the contraception world, I cannot refer you to a specific doctor (for a specific condition or procedure). Similarly, though I wish I could help, I cannot tell you where you can purchase or receive prescriptions to specific contraceptives either in the US or abroad.
- I am often emailed by students who send me lists of questions for a research paper or report that they are working on. I love that you are interested in contraception, but due to time constraints, I simply cannot honor all of these requests. If you have some questions that you would like some clarification about or an opinion on, please send them my way -- but please limit your questions to no more than three.
- To all the wonderful PR firms out there... you represent some awesome products, and I appreciate you sending them my way for consideration and review on my site. However, if your product/story idea does not have to do with contraception, I cannot use it (so please forward it to a guide site that would be a better fit).
- A question that you would like for me to answer
- An idea for discussion
- A relavant story to share or
- A request for specific information to appear on the contraception site,
Are you looking for specific information about contraception?My Contraception Site contains in-depth information about birth control - options, effectiveness, talking about it, myths, failure and much more! New information is being added each week. You can start your exploration by visiting the Contraception Home Page
Wondering if Your Birth Control Failed?Here are some good resources to start with:
- Did My Birth Control Fail?
- Quiz: Am I Pregnant?
- Main Cause of Birth Control Failure
- All About Home Pregnancy Tests (accuracy, when to take, etc.)
- Up to When Can I Use Emergency Contraception? (The morning-after pill)