At this point, it is important to be maintaining a healthy lifestyle to help counteract any weight gain or calcium loss associated with Depo Provera. Keep taking calcium supplements if your doctor had recommended their use.
Your exercising routine should including weight bearing exercises that will help to keep your bones strong. Plus, regular, heart healthy exercise that will help burn off extra calories.
- Weight-bearing exercise can include: walking, hiking, or running.
- Heart-healthy forms of exercise include: bicycling, yoga, or swimming.
To make certain that your pregnancy protection continues, schedule an appointment for your next injection during the same doctor’s visit that you receive your third shot. If you are using the original Depo Provera shot, make your appointment for your fourth injection within 11 to 13 weeks. If you are using the newer Depo-subQ Provera 104, your next shot should be in 12 to 14 weeks.
To help counterbalance the weight gain associated with Depo Provera, try out the free About Calorie Count Plus program. Here, you can use the food recommendation tool, determine your diet profile, create a diet plan, and receive support from others.
For more ideas about exercises and nutrition that can help maintain healthy bones:
- Weight-Bearing Exercises You Can Do At Home
- Exercises to Improve Muscle Strength
- Exercise Prevents Osteoporosis
- How to Exercise For a Healthy Heart
- Getting Enough Calcium In Your Diet
- Top 10 Foods That Are Good For Both Low Fat and Low Carb Diets
- Calorie Calculator and Nutrition Guide
- How to Stick to Your Diet