- No visible scarring (since no incisions are made)
- It's safer
- Women with certain medical conditions, such as heart disease and obesity can safely undergo this procedure (surgical tubal ligation is often unsafe for women with these conditions)
- An overnight hospital stay is usually not necessary
- Women generally have less discomfort
- The recovery is faster (some women can even return to work the same day, where as it often takes four to six days before women can return to their normal activities after a surgical tubal ligation)
- There is no need to use general anesthesia
A substantial 99% of women who have undergone the Essure implant procedure rated their long-term comfort as good to excellent, and 95 percent of women said they would recommend the procedure to a friend.