why I choose to use depo
- well I been using depo since 2007 because I wasnt ready to have no more kids I have a 14 yr old I thought that my one would be enough but as the years past I come to realize that im ready for another one my last shot was june 2011 I havent taken a shot since that depo is not for everybody because now im suffering because im wondering will I every have another child my doctor tells me everything is fine and that I can still have children so why am I not pregnant yet or maybe my boyfriend cant have any because he has no kids so it makes me wonder
- —Guest toya
- I chose the shot...because I got pregnant while taking the pill at...so now I have been on depo for 5 years...and I'm trying to get pregnant...and its not working...but I've only been off depo for 3 months.
- —Guest dominique
I rarely have problems
- I been on depo provera for 5 years. I love depo provera! Every woman body is different give it a try and find out for yourselves..
- —Guest Tot
- I started depo when I was 14 years old because I had extremely painful ovarian cysts every month associated with my period. My doctor recommended that I start the shot to stop ovulation. I am 24 now and have been without the shot for almost 2 years. I loved it while I was using it, my only fear now is, I don't know how hard it will be to get pregnant. I was very young when I started so the thought of getting pregnant wasn't an issue.
- —Guest kites
Let's see how my story goes
- I just got a double dose of the depo shot on Friday, it is now Sunday. I really hope that I don't have the same bad experiences as some of the other woman that have left comments. I have a uterine fibroid that grew a lot in a matter of 9 months, maybe less. I have had irregular periods all my life, but as I got older they have gotten much worse. my doctor suggested that I try the depo shots (since I can't remember to take a pill every day) hopefully this will help me to not have a period, & shrink my fibroid. I really hope that the shot doesn't make me more anxious about stuff than I already am.
- —Guest Lizzy
iffy about 2cd shot
- I got the shot, cause like many, I don't want to have to remember to take BC everyday. In 3 days I will need my second shot.. It was basically pain free, and I loved Depo other than some of the side effects that I have experienced..
- —Guest Lorenna
- I chose depo provera because I have five kids and it is hard to remember to take a pill every day.
- —Guest Jenn
- I at first loved the depo shot..Untill i found out how weak my bones now are..And may never be the same! I slipped on my steps and broke three ribs on left side and two on the right side! They Crumbled! I am scared...
- —Guest riffers1970
The reason why
- I chose the de-po shot because I did not want to take a pill everday nor insert anything inside me.
- —Guest joy
- My doc put me on depo due to endomitriosis. I love it. Pain has been reduced and no painful periods.
- —Guest Irma
- I began getting depo after I had a pregnancy scare. I've been on it for like 3 weeks and so far so good.
- —Guest Sharae
- I've been on Depo for 3 months now, and will be getting my second shot tomorrow. I LOVE not taking a pill everyday and having to worry about it. I also like that it's 97% effective against pregnancy. However, i have some side effects even though I got the shot 5 days into my period (perfect timing). If it weren't for the unnecessary side effects, Depo would be perfect.
- —Guest Kay
Thanks to depo I feel safe
- I chose depo because it one of the few options I have because I am only 14. I'm going in for my second shot soon and I have been pleased so far.
- —Guest Teen
- I needed something reliable and easy. I am so pleased with depo!
- —Guest Lisa
- i had the shot for the obvious reason so i couldnt get pregnant but also to help my period - they was very strong and heavy where i couldnt do anything for the full week i was on. it almost felt like i was giving birth only i've never had a baby (but made me imagine how it would feel).
- —Guest hannah pennington