- I choose the depo-shot cause I realize so much easier to take then having to take pills everyday. Plus after four kids and not wanting anymore. This was the best option for me until I can have my tubes tied.
- —Guest Amanda
Why i chose the shot
- I chose the depo shot because I am 17 and I'm not finished with school yet so I thought it would be good to not have an baby at an early age even though I live with my boy friend. I want to be able to take care of me and my child at the same time. This shot is good for those who have sex a lot. I didn't want to get pregnant till way after school.
- —Guest JaqQuan
Can't get pregnant
- I choose depo because i thought it would be a good alternative for me. But now, I feel this was as horrible choice. It has been taking me forever to get pregnant. I didn't realize that it can take up to (and even over a year) for your fetility to begin again after stopping depo provera.
- —Guest shadyeyah
- the first time ive got the depo, I had some side effects and then they went away. Other than some mild side effects, everything's been good :D but i will be switching to something else soon because of what it does to my bones, im 16 and ive been taking it for over a year.
- —Guest Suteishii
- I have been on depo now for 5 weeks and have only experienced a few mild side effects - maybe because I started depo on the same day that I had my mirena IUD removed. I liked the idea of depo... no estrogen, no pills, no stress- just 4 shots a year. I feel more in control than I did with Mirena (I got nervous it wasn't in the right place, couldn't feel the strings, etc.). With depo, I know once I get that shot, I'm good to go for 12 weeks... no worries. Overall, I am having a pleasant experience with this form of birth control!
- —Guest missy
Perfect amount of time
- I got depo because I'm not reliable enough for the pill and the implant seemed too long to have for 3 years. An injection every 3 months seemed perfect to me.
- —Guest Mee
- I started depo about 2 1/2 yrs ago so i wouldnt get pregnant after my son was born. Have been off depo for over a yr and have decided to have another baby but am now having trouble getting pregnant, i havent had any problems before depo i have two kids i am positive its because of depo that im having problems now. Wish i would have never taken it. Beware all women who do want to have children in the future dont ever take the depo shot!
- —Guest mama bear
- I chose depo because it was hassle free, done every 3 months, 99.9% effective, no interference with life.
- —Guest MJ
- I went on the Depo shot because i estrogen caused me to have frequent headaches with auras. I have been on it more alittle over a year.
- —Guest amanda
- After having my first child 4 years ago i decided to get on depo because it seemed like the best birth control (no periods, no cramps, no pills and only 4 visits to the doctor in a year) and because my husband and i werent planning on getting pregnant any time soon.
- —Guest iyr
- I have been on Depo for 8 years now and Its's amazing I had no bleeding since the first shot I haven't had a period since the day I recived my first shot and I don't have any cramping or anything and I don't get sick and I haven't gained any wieght at all but I do exercise every day!
- —Guest Amber
- By my second shot of the Depo I had no more side effects. Depo does have different side effects for different people. . But so far I find it a lot easier to use than the pill.
- —Guest Jenny Smith
Why I chose the Depo shot - GREAT CHOICE
- I am 27 years old and I have been on the shot for 3 years. I chose it for numerous reasons. The first is the obvious... I didn't want to get pregnant. Second, I was on the pill for 6 years before that and I always had a hard time remembering to take it at the same time every day. Lastly, I heard that it lightened periods (which my pill did). I haven't gotten a period since my first shot. I absolutely love it!
- —Guest Stefanie
Why you choose the depo shot?
- My group home social worker and my doctor told me to get it.
- —Guest Dominique
- I been on depo shots for almost 7 years. I stopped it in 2008-2009 when I joined da military. Then I had a little girl and I got back on Depo... I've never had any complications - I love the depo shot....
- —Guest Porcha