Let’s face it, how many of you have been in a situation when the man you were with did not want to wear a condom? Men provide all kinds of excuses for not wanting to wear condoms. Yet, using condoms every time you have sex offers the best protection from catching an STD, including HIV.
Some women don’t know how to respond when their men refuse to wear a condom. What has been your experience? What excuse did your man give and how did you respond? Did he get away with it, or did you ultimately make him wear a condom? What Did You Do?
Do What Feels Right
- I was afraid to bring up using condoms because when I did, he tried to make me feel guilty with comments like, you don’t trust me, you don’t think I care, etc. It was really just to make me feel bad as he had no plans to use condoms. He said he didn’t like them & they ruined the moment. The article on responding to men’s excuses helped me prepare. I told him that he may feel uncomfortable using condoms but I would feel uneasy not using them & not enjoy the moment, so why bother? He tried to convince me to use the pill. I told him that I couldn’t have sex with someone who doesn’t respect me or him enough to use protection - who knows how many other girls he didn’t use a condom with? We broke up over it. But at least I emerged without pregnancy or STDs. A few months later, I met a mature man who, after trying a few types, found a condom we both enjoyed. I’ve been with him now for almost 2 years. Ladies, have self respect & don’t settle for putting your health & emotions in jeopardy!
- —Guest Kimmie
Look for an healthy life
- I had been into a relationship since 2yrs i usually get pain during my intercourse i tot its not an issue in using condoms between a husband n wife because he s loyal to me as I am to him ,, we are having the plan of gettin married soon ... I once said 'll use a condom during because i came to knw abt the STD's and so ... He used it but all in vain he was not satisfied he complained that he's not got the feeling of having sex i just only thought of his happiness dropped the idea :( can anyone suggest me how to convince him and make him understand that wat he s doing s not safe pls .....
- —Guest Goretti
Some men are so selfish
- Interesting Jake is happy to dump the whole responsibility for birth control on his partner, she can take the pill, too bad if she has to put up with side effects... HE doesn't want to take any responsibility, he's only concerned about HIS pleasure... what about a woman's health and pleasure? I hope women avoid men like Jake, too selfish for words!
- —Guest Anna
- I understand the importance of condoms. I like the idea of them. But I'm sick of reading all this stuff about excuses. "I can't feel anything". It's not an excuse; it's a statement. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. Would you go to the movies if you were blind? Would you listen to the radio if you were deaf? No? So would you have sex if you couldn't feel anything? I wouldn't. And so I don't have random sex, and with new girlfriends I politely refuse sex with a condom (note the difference between refusing and forcing the girl to have sex without a condom). And the funniest thing of all is that when a girl refuses sex without a condom, she is classed as strong, powerful, in control of herself etc. Yet when a guy refuses sex with a condom, he is careless, unaffectionate, untrustworthy, doesn't care about the girls feelings etc. Hypercritical much? If a monogamous relationship, if the girl is on the pill, and both people have been tested, there's no reason to use a condom.
- —Guest Jake
Condoms Don't Fit Me
- There is a reason why different condom sizes are made. I for one, can't wear regular size condoms because it feels like the life is being squeezed out of my penis. Even rolling a regular one on is painful. My penis girth is the exact same girth as a Redbull can. That's not boasting, just trying to illustrate that regular condoms don't fit all men. However I have only ever had condomless sex once the woman and I have both been tested. Doing it without knowing their STI status is crazy.
- —Guest Brad
Put Your Foot Down!
- I was only with my man for a couple of months, but the attraction was so intense, I had to give in! Only thing, even though I was on Depo Provera, he refused to get tested. He tried to convince me that no condoms were needed because on my Depo. I must admit, I gave in like three times. The sex was amazing, so I knew something had to give. I told him to either get tested or wear condoms – or NO MORE SEX! He wore condoms for like three weeks and then just got tested. When he came out clean, we just relied on the Depo.
- —Guest LaMonda