You may have chosen to use birth control pills
as your main method of contraception
. When using the pill
, it's important to take your birth control pill at the same time each day. Taking the pill daily, at the same time makes it more effective. It may be helpful to pick a time of day to take the pill that can be easy to remember. Many women who use birth control pills (either combination pills
or progestin-only pills
) report having a hard time sticking to their pill schedule. Do you easily remember when its time to take your pill? If so, what do you do to help you remember when to take birth control pills on time? Share Your Tip
- I have to take two batches of medicine a day, 12 hours apart, to survive. My BC is simply part of one of those batches so it gets taken at the same time of day regardless.
- —Guest DM
Time to feed the cats!
- My oldest cat has diabetes, and due to this she can only eat once a day. I come home from work, feed my cats and take my pill. So when I feed my cats, I know I must take my pill! Haha.
- —Guest Kat
Bedsider Birth Control Reminders
- Bedsider.org has fun reminders to help women to remember to take their birth control pill. We can send them through text or email (no smart phone necessary). We even have a snooze feature for those times when you receive the message but are away from your pill.
Here's an example of one of our recent daily pill reminders: http://pinterest.com/pin/150096600051835399. You set the time you want to receive them and are greeted each day with a message that you'll look forward to.
Sign up here: http://bedsider.org/reminders.
Mobile pill reminder
- I use MedOnTime. It’s android application and it’s for free. Nice app. Reminders work great. I use it daily. Find it on Google play market
- —Guest Liz
forgetting my pill
- I bought a MED-Q Pill organizer. I set the time and it flashes and beeps every day at the exact time. Makes forgetting or wrong time impossible. I put my vitamins in it so I don't forget then too
keep it with you
- I keep it with me in my makeup bag, because its always something I have in my purse. even if i do forget to take it, i have it with me to take ASAP.
- —Guest Kimberly
takimg medication on time
- not every has a smart phone or iphone thats great but so much easier on itspilltime.com cheap reliable no worries
- —Guest mike
- You got to try out itspilltime.com. Its wonderful for this reason or if you have to take any medications. I love this site!
- I set the alarm on my phone everyday at the same time to remind me to take my BC pill.
- —Guest Guest6
Receive a sms
- I signed up to http://pill.io about a week ago and so far so good.
- —Guest Hannah
My Pill on iPhone
- "My Pill by Kaeli Soft" is a free iPhone app really useful. It include an alarm (without internet requirement) and it can be recurrent (like a SMS). Also, you can set from 10 to 28 pills per blister and 0 to 14 days free. It's also useful to see next blister.
- —Guest FloMo
I set an alarm
- I keep my pills in my wallet so they're always with me. My boyfriend and I both have an alarm set on our phones for 10pm. His phone is three minutes faster than mine, so when his alarm goes off I'll go get a drink, and by the time I get back, my alarm will go off. If we're not together at the moment, he'll usually call me when his alarm goes off.
- —Guest Terry
Remembering to take birth control pill
- I have a daily alarm set to go off at 1:30pm everyday by setting it as an appointment on my cell phone calendar
- —Guest Central MN Mom
I just remember...
- Like a lot of other people, I do have an alarm set up. I used it a lot when I was in Europe and the time zone was 7 hours ahead. But ever since I got back, I just remember. I glance at my watch and if I see that the time is 9pm or past 9pm I know I have to take the pill in an hour so I keep on checking the time every ten to fifteen minutes. This way by the time 9:50 comes, I get a drink and take my pill at 10pm, sometimes a little earlier. And in the rare case I do forget either my alarm or my husband will remind me at 10pm to take my pill
- —Guest Julia
- There's a new app for iPhone, "myPill", it's really good - high quality app and it works great.
I've already tried the other apps but they don't feel professional and they have many bugs.
- —Guest Dan