The Bottom Line
- Long lasting personal lubricant
- Water-based lubrication, so it can be used with latex condoms
- Slippery and thin consistency - less is needed per application
- Distinctly sweet taste
- Also available in glycerin and paraben-free formula
- Care is needed while applying - too much can get sticky during use
- Some users may not like the thin consistency
- Though it has a sweet taste, some users may be bothered by it
- Original formula contains glycerin and parabens
- Astroglide is a water based personal lubricant - it can be used safely with latex condoms and sex toys.
- This liquid personal lubricant is available in flavored (strawberry), natural, warming and glycerin & paraben-free formulas.
- Astroglide bottles come in two sizes - 2.5oz and 5oz. Plus, the bottles have a flip-top cap for easy, mess-free dispensing.
- Original Astroglide Liquid's super-slick and long-lasting formula is water-based, water-soluble and petroleum free.
- Astroglide personal lubricant does not contain spermicide.
- Original Formula Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 15, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.
- Paraben and Glycerin-Free Formula Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Xylitol, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 15.
- Warming Formula Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Purified Water, Methylparaben, Polyquaternium 15.
Guide Review - Astroglide Water Based Personal Lubricant
Astroglide has a super-thin (water-like) consistency – some people prefer this while others may desire a thicker product. Also, it seems as if people either really like or dislike Astroglide’s sweet taste (as an alternative, try Astroglide's Sensual Strawberry flavored lubricant).
The original Astroglide contains both glycerin and parabens, so people prone to yeast infections, chemical sensitivities or allergic reactions may not want to use this personal lubricant. Astroglide now offers a glycerin and paraben-free formula option designed to reduce the burning and irritation that may occur with the use of traditional personal lubricants that contain glycerin and parabens. This formula may also be good for menopausal women who may be more susceptible to chemicals due to the thinning of vaginal tissue caused by a decrease in hormone production.
Astroglide has also introduced it’s natural formula – a botanical personal lubricant combining all-natural plant extracts while being naturally-free from glycerin, alcohol, fragrance, flavorings and hormones. This formula is also water-based and water-soluble and latex-safe. It contains Xylitol (natural, sugar-free humectant - derived from corn-cob - that helps retain and absorb moisture), Aloe Vera (soothes and softens skin), Vitamins C & E (antioxidant benefits) and Chamomile Flower Extracts (soothing and anti-bacterial properties).